Thursday, June 20, 2013

Why?

I’m 48, I've have been married for 28 years to a wonderful man, have a son (19) and a daughter (10). My husband works for a large corporation, but we’re very blessed that he works from a home office. Also, we homeschooled our kids, although our son has now graduated and is going to a local university.

There are many things I want to write about, but I want to focus on fibromyalgia and how it’s affected my life – my daily fibro journey. I was officially diagnosed about 5 years ago after much frustration, incorrect diagnoses and years of pain and deteriorating health.


On top of the fibro, I have diabetes (type 2 insulin dependent), mild heart condition since childhood (mitral & tricuspid valve regurgitation), degenerative disc disorder and degenerative joint disease, as well as a couple of different types of arthritis. So, while some of it is irritating, I feel blessed that it isn’t worse and that my load is lighter than many people.


When I can, I enjoy knitting, some crochet, quilting and costume design.


I have thought about this blog for a long time. I’ve put it off, because it seemed overwhelming. But, I am hoping to use this to share, vent and encourage others with fibromyalgia without constantly bringing attention to it in my ‘real’ life. A lot of people who have never heard of fibro and don’t know anyone IRL with it, don’t understand it. Trust me, it’s been a learning process for me and my family. But, it’s hard to explain. I don’t want to focus on it all the time, yet am forced to a lot of the time. So, maybe by writing about it, I can let it go and move on whenever possible.


This is my daily fibro journey (even if I don’t write it daily, LOL).  Also, I started to write it elsewhere and it just didn't feel right.  Too fidgety.  So, I'm moving it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment